Confused about the best WordPress visual page builder? Want the best of the best from a number of market leaders?
Here is our brutally honest review of the 4 best WordPress visual drag and drop page builders.
Before moving towards the review, let’s discuss why to use WordPress visual page builders.
Why Use WordPress Visual Page Builder?
A visual page builder helps you to see the website’s design that your visitors will see. So, you have the full authority to observe how the design looks and you can edit it on the spot. Drag and drop page builder allows you to drag any design element from one place to other in your page.
If you’re not a developer, or you know nothing about coding, then you need a WordPress visual page builder to build a website/blog. Visual page builder helps you to design a website with zero coding knowledge. Page builders offer drag and drop facility to build websites. You can customize everything of a page without touching Html code. You can also make custom changes and make custom designs as per your wish with page builders.
Let’s discuss the 4 best WordPress visual page builders:
4 Best WordPress Visual Page Builders
The list of WordPress page builders is very long but we have selected the following four industry leaders for our review:
- Beaver Builder
These 4 are the most popular drag and drop page builders worth reviewing.
From its launch in 2016, Elemntor has powered up more than 5,000,000 websites. The free version available on WordPress has a 4.8 rating from the users.
- Templates Library: Elementor offers the best template library that contains more than 150 full-page templates for free and more than 300 templates for Pro package. It also offers blocks templates for use in a page design. It also offers 58 widgets in the Pro plan.
- Content Modules: Elementor offers more than 90 content modules to use on your page.
- Responsive Design: Elementor provides a responsive design for different devices.
- Inline Text Editing: Elementor offers a direct editing option on a page without working in the block popout.
- Theme Builder: With the latest update of Elementor Pro, you can build your theme from scratch.
- Popup Builder: In the latest Pro versions, you can build Popups for your website with a lot of customization options.
- SEO-Friendly Plugin
- The default widget styles don’t always look good out-of-the-box.
- It does not offer to build a page in back-end.
The Elementor page builder is a 100% free page builder with some limitations. The Pro version is available for $49 with a single website.
#2. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is another best visual drag and drop page builder with some features same as Elementor. It is incredibly easy to use and lightning fast.
Beaver Builder Features:
- Templates Library: Beaver Builder offers more than 150 ready-made templates. It also offers more than 30 blocks templates.
- Content Modules: Beaver Builder offers more than 30 content modules.
- Responsive Design: Beaver Builder provides a responsive design for different devices.
- Inline Text Editing: Beaver Builder offers a direct editing option on a page without working in the block popout.
- Clean Code: If for any reason, you want to switch on any other page builder, Beaver Builder leaves a clean code without any shortcode issue or mess etc.
Beaver Builder Drawbacks:
- Templates and content modules are lesser than competitors
- Price is high as compared to competitors
- It does not allow to build the pages in the back-end.
Beaver Builder Pricing:
Beaver Builder plugin is also available Free of cost but with limited features. The Pro plan for $99 for unlimited websites and one year support.
#3. Divi Page Builder
Divi from Elegant Themes is a visual page builder with powerful drag and drop feature Many developers like this page builder due to its clean, easy and features-rich setup. Divi offers a tremendous template library leaving the competitors far behind.
- Templates Library: Divi offers 186 ready-made layout packs that contain 1,376 ready-made individual page templates.
- Content Modules: Divi offers more than 46 content modules.
- Responsive Design: Divi provides a responsive design for different devices.
- Inline Text Editing: Divi provides a direct editing option on a page without working in the block popout.
- Theme Builder: Divi has a very powerful theme building feature.
- Back-end Interface: In addition to the front-end page designing feature, Divi also offers back-end interface for page building.
- A/B testing. Divi Builder has a built-in A/B testing system. No other page builder makes it this easy to split test in the core.
- Divi does not offer a free or trial version.
- Price is at a higher side.
- Divi creates a shortcode issue when you want to leave it.
- There are some bugs in module selection and sometimes Divi builder stops working.
Divi’s single website plan starts from $89.
#4. GeneratePress with Sections
GeneratePress is a free, lightweight WordPress theme that offers page building features. For enhanced features, you need to buy the premium version of this theme.
- Content Modules: GeneratePress offers 14 modules in the Pro version.
- Responsive Design: GeneratePress provides a responsive design for different devices.
- Clean Code: If for any reason, you want to switch on any other page builder, GeneratePress leaves a clean code without any shortcode issue or mess etc.
- Cost-effective: GeneratePress is a cost-effective plugin for low budget developers.
- Very limited functionalities as compared to the competitors
- No templates.
- Nothing special that distinguishes it from the competitors.
For $40, GeneratePress offers a license for unlimited websites.
You have read our review of the four best WordPress visual page builders in 2021. Now you need to think about your needs and budget limit. Select the page builder that fulfils your needs and comes within your budget limit.
According to our recommendation, Elementor is the best WordPress visual page builder to invest your money and rely on SEO-friendly and flawless services. It is also a cost-effective choice.